This Saturday, 23 March 2013, myself and many other authors from the Minnesota Speculative Fiction Writers Group are attending the Bloomington
This event is FREE and open to the public, although the seminars and workshops require registration. There will be plenty of freebees handed out. You’ll be able to buy books directly from the authors and have them signed.
See below for more details. I hope to see you there!
Bloomington Writers Festival and Book Fair
10th Annual Celebration of the Arts
March 22-23, 2013
Bloomington Center for the Arts
1800 W Old Shakopee Rd
Friday, March 22 – Master Class with a Master Teacher, Tom Hegg
This four hour workshop is an intense study in creativity and developing authenticity in the written word. Hegg teaches you how to give depth to characters, how to keep their actions and reactions real, and their situations true. $100. Registration deadline, Monday, March 18.
Saturday, March 23 – Book Fair
9:30 am Keynote Tom Hegg, author of A Cup of Christmas Tea and the children\”™s book classic series, Peef the Bear. $15
10:30 am \”“ 3:30 am Book Fair and Author Readings, Free and Open to the Public
11:00 am \”“ 5:00 pm Workshops $13
- Getting Started Series includes workshops to stimulate your creativity, personal writing, writing other activities to help you find focus, overcoming writing resistance and writers block and more.
- Telling Your Story Series includes workshops on writing memoirs, turning your journals into stories, writing for children and more.
- Publishing Series includes panels and workshops on preparing your manuscripts, editing options, legal issues and publishing options.
- Marketing and Publicity Series includes workshops that help you get the word out about your book, including preparation of press kits, news releases, use of social media, platform development.
- Arts and Writing Series include workshops on cover design and writing lyrics.
Register early to ensure a spot in the workshop of your choice at www.BTACMN.org or 952-563-8575. Click on arts education or the link under upcoming events for a listing of the workshops and lunch selections.
Lunch orders deadline is Wednesday, March 20, at Midnight.
This program is supported by the Bloomington Theatre and Art Center. www.BTACMN.org